Il forum di manualissimo.it

Il computer accessibile a tutti

Oggi è venerdì 2 dicembre 2022, 9:41
Messaggi senza risposta | Argomenti attivi

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora  

Strumenti di discussione

Long stood out to me as a player who could step

Messaggio Inviato da | Profilo | Amico del forum | martedì 10 dicembre 2019, 2:39 | | Punti: 650  | Messaggi: 130
Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined the MHR Radio podcast Joe Flacco Jersey , and was impressed with the Broncos draft." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteMile High Reporta Denver Broncos communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsBroncosOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos 2019 Draft ClassBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Filed under:MHR RadioDenver Broncos PodcastsDenver Broncos 2019 DraftElway and the Broncos navigated a successful draftNew,31commentsTrevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined the MHR Radio podcast, and was impressed with the Broncos draft. Elway and the Broncos navigated a successful draftThe biggest knock on John Elway since becoming the Denver Broncos general manager has always been his drafting issues. As the executive VP of football operations, his drafts have always been somewhat questionable. However, the 2018 draft seemed to mark a turning point for Elway, and perhaps the 2019 draft has become confirmation of his growth in that regard.On the MHR Radio Podcast (iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher), Ian St. Clair and I were joined by Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network. As he answered some of the Twitter questions we received, he mad a couple statements that really stuck out. First, he praised Elway’s ability to navigate his way through the draft. In the first round, when the Broncos traded out of the 10th pick, they were able to move back to 20, draft Noah Fant, and gained a second round pick (52) in 2019, and the Steelers third round pick in 2020. While many pundits and fans felt the Broncos needed to take a linebacker, this was a savvy move by Elway. A freakishly athletic tight end Bradley Chubb Jersey White , and draft capital for the 10th pick? Sign me up.The navigation continued in the second, along with discipline and patience. Elway was able to draft Dalton Risner, who should have immediate impact on the offensive line. Rise Up, Broncos Country, and celebrate Risner coming home with this new shirt from BreakingT. Then, another move, this time up, to draft Drew Lock. Elway could have panicked and taken Lock at 10, or even 20. Instead, the Broncos evaluated the board, and moved on Lock when the time was right. As with Risner, there is a new shirt for this selection as well. Now (hopefully) Denver is Locked and Loaded at quarterback for the future.As Sikkema said on the podcast, knowing what other teams are going to do means being able to have patience and let the draft fall to you. With that patience the Broncos were able to draft 4 top-50 prospects in the first 71 picks. Whether that will translate to success on the field will be determined in the upcoming season, but in the aftermath of the draft, John Elway seemed to silence some of the critics.The second statement Sikkema made that piqued my interest was about making the right picks. While Elway was able to make good moves in the draft, the second half of the equation is making the correct selections. When a GM makes a trade Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , but then drafts the wrong player, the successful navigation becomes obsolete.Not only did Elway move through the draft, using trades to get to the right spot to make the picks they wanted. He also seemingly made the correct selections when the time came. From Fant, to Risner, to Lock, to Dre’Mont Jones, the Denver Broncos came away with impactful players.Ian said it on the podcast before, and it bears repeating: John Elway killed it in the 2019 NFL Draft. With two solid drafts in back-to-back years, it appears the Broncos are setting themselves up for a future of success.MHR Radio is now on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher,TuneIn and anywhere else you get your podcasts. Please subscribe to the one that fits your fancy, and also rate and review what you hear. If John Elway is looking for a Chris Harris Jr. clone he should grab himself a Wolverine."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos 2019 Draft ClassBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Broncos Draft 2019The 2019 Prospect who most resembles Chris Harris Jr. New,25commentsIf John Elway is looking for a Chris Harris Jr. clone he should grab himself a Wolverine. The 2019 Prospect who most resembles Chris Harris Jr. Last night the bombshell dropped. Chris Harris Jr. wants a new contract or a new team. In light of that revelation John Elway enters the 2019 draft with a much bigger hole in the secondary than anyone anticipated. Heck it wasn’t two months ago that Kareem Jackson and Bryce Callahan had Broncos Country fighting to coin a new moniker for a rebuilt No Fly Zone. Now that Denver is suddenly in the market for a cornerback Womens Dre'Mont Jones Jersey , I thought I’d dig through my notes an reveal the player that most reminded me of Chris Harris Jr. He didn’t make any of my GIF Horse Big Board posts, but David Long of Michigan bears an uncanny resemblance to Strap. Long was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school and played under Jim Harbaugh the length of his collegiate career. He broke out as a Sophomore in Defensive Coordinator Don Brown’s man-heavy scheme, notching 21 tackles, two interceptions, and six pass breakups. Last year in Ann Arbor Long broke up eight passes, made 17 tackles and intercepted one pass. He earned first-team All-Big Ten in 2018. Long’s stats don’t really illustrate how good he was for Michigan. Scouting Report-Elite lateral mobility. -Isn’t the fastest corner, but he sure isn’t slow.-Exceptional technique for press man.-Loose hips to swivel and stay on the receivers hip.-He’s quick to diagnose opposing pass patterns.-He’ll play the run. Quick to attack the ball.-Needs better technique to consistently bring down ball carriers at the next level. -Short.-Shorter arms than you’d like.-May need to get less physical in the pros to avoid flags.-88 percent of his college snaps were at outside cornerback-Played significantly more man coverage than zone.Long is deceptively physical and willing to come up to make plays on the ball carrier, and quarterback. What I’ve heard/read-Dane BruglerNFL Draft & Combine Profile - David Long | NFL.comPFF’s Top-250 Big Board for the 2019 NFL Draft | NFL Analysis | Pro Football FocusDavid Long CB Michigan - Draft Player Profile | The Draft NetworkWhy he fitsI’d much rather have a cornerback hit the pros needing to adjust to zone than man coverage. in and adjust during his rookie year to the NFL and may prove to be a steal of the draft in the right scheme. He’s a better athlete than Harris was coming out but displays many of the same traits that makes the Broncos future Ring of Famer an elite nickel defender. He’s aggressive at the catch point and will fight with much bigger receivers, he’s fearless against the run, and his savvy is unmistakable. Why he doesn’tIn most NFL schemes his size and length limitations may push him to the nickel, where he’s woefully inexperienced right now. It isn’t that he can’t do it. It’s that we just don’t know. Much like Harris, he’s also spent the majority of his career to date playing mostly man coverage so there will be some growing pains if he came to the Fangio defense where Cover 4 and 3 are the predominant coverage shells. Final ThoughtsMost analysts seem to agree that Long is a 2nd or 3rd round pick and I’d like him a lot at 41. The big reason I didn’t place Long into my original big board were my concerns over his adjustment to Fangio’s D, and if he’d be a man without a home with Bryce Callahan on the roster. I still wonder if the Broncos will even consider him for these reasons. That said, I do think Long has a great chance to outperform his draft position and grow into a dominant NFL player. If Chris Harris Jr. isn’t in John Elway’s plans beyond 2019, I hope the long term plan includes this former Wolverine. Long could give the Broncos a young shutdown corner on Day 2.
Questo argomento è bloccato, non puoi modificare o inviare ulteriori messaggi.
Forum bloccato | Questo argomento è bloccato, non puoi modificare o inviare ulteriori messaggi.      Visualizza ultimi messaggi:  Ordina per  
 [ 1 messaggio ] 

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora